About Institute of Law
Institute of Law was set up under the aegis of Nirma University in the year 2007 with a vision to promote excellence in the field of legal education and to fulfil the ever increasing demand of quality legal professionals for a growing legal world. In a short span of time Institute of Law, Nirma University (ILNU) marked its distinct place in the legal education map of the country. At present ILNU offers B.A.,LL.B.(Hons.), B.Com.,LL.B.(Hons.) – five year integrated programmes, one year LL.M. programme in different areas and Doctoral Programme leading to Ph.D.
Institute of Law follows an approach to legal education wherein learning experience is not only enlightening but also enriching and inspiring. Institute is committed to exploring multidisciplinary approaches through its unique curriculum and revolutionizing legal education through modern pedagogies thereby adapting to the changing world in which law professionals operate. ILNU focused on developing knowledge, skill and value amongst the students and they are nourished by the critical learning pedagogy and mentored and supported by faculty and staff so that they have the best experience possible to be successful in life.
The Institute today boasts of faculty whose expertise spans across various areas of law and who have a wide range of teaching and research experience. We attract students from diverse cultural background and perspectives. This leads to a vibrant multicultural classroom wherein established theory and new critical questions are put into a dialogue.
Institute of Law has an unmatched array of courses and academic offerings. Students have an opportunity to pursue a broad curriculum using rich educational resources in a dynamic and creative learning environment. Curriculum is constantly adapted according to changing legal and other environmental developments. All our initiatives are a living proof of our commitment to every student's success in his career.
The Institute shares the Nirma University campus with five other institutions - Institute of Technology, Institute of Management, Institute of Science, Institute of Pharmacy and Institute of Architecture. All these Institutes have a distinguished record of achievements. Students joining the Institute of Law will, therefore have, an opportunity to interact with a multidisciplinary academic community of the entire Nirma University. The academic environment generated by the interaction between professionals of various disciplines will have a stimulating influence, especially in the formative years of young students and help them to develop an integrated personality and a greater competitive spirit.
ILNU is looking at bringing about a paradigm shift in delivery of legal education in the country. It aims to add new dimensions in legal education that would incorporate international standards thereby providing an environment which would enhance freedom and innovation in the dynamic pursuit of thoughts and civil society engagement to advance the law of the land. We also look forward to enhancing research inputs in the education module thereby connecting students and faculty to the larger platform involving other national and international agencies and playing a pivotal role in framing socially relevant policies in the legal sector.
Unique Features of the Institute:
- Innovative, dynamic curriculum, befitting the current needs of the profession
- Clinical pedagogy with practical approach.
- Exclusive enrichment, value-added, skill development and supplementary courses.
- Enhancement of practical skills and experiential learning through specially designed clinical courses.
- Customized courses on professional training based on career choice of students.
- Foreign language courses of international importance.
- Interaction with renowned lawyers, judges, law teachers and scholars.
- Innumerable opportunities to participate in National, International events like seminars, moot courts etc.
- Legal research centres to inculcate interdisciplinary research aptitude.
- Emphasis on academic orientation along with systematic internship training programmes with credit in each semester.
- Dedicated campus recruitment cell and facilitation for professional training and placement.
- Air-conditioned theatre classrooms with advanced teaching aids.
- Rich air-conditioned library and learning resource centre with all advanced online legal databases.
- State-of-Art Moot court, and intensive Moot Court Training from the first year.
- Legal clinic for Societal Outreach and Clinical Training.