Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
About the Programme:
The Bachelor in Commerce intends to prepare students for their career in Accounting profession and BFSI sector. It aims to develop requisite knowledge, skills, and attitudes in them to meet the challenges of the accounting, auditing, taxation, legal and BFSI sector domains. The endeavour of the programme will be to develop skills focused in accounting. The programme will focus equally on theoretical and practical aspects of the above mentioned domains, promote an attitude of life-long learning among them and preparing them as a professional. It comprise of six semesters (two semesters in each year). On successful completion of the six semesters, a degree of Bachelors in Commerce (Honours) [B.Com. (Hons.)] is awarded to the student. The medium of Instructions of the programme is English.
- Focused and relevant course contents with rigor in teaching and assessment.
- Academic support and resource persons from Institute of Management, Institute of Law and Institute of Technology of Nirma University.
- Curriculum includes summer internship and project work.
- Provides strong pathway for gainful employment and for pursuing higher study in India and abroad.
- Rich library and commerce lab.
After completion of the programme, the students should be able to:
- Apply knowledge and skills in Accounting function
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills for Banking, Financial Services and Insurance functions
- Respond to the global outlook on opportunities and challenges in Accounting and Financial Service sector
- Duration – 3 years (six semesters)
- Medium of Instruction – English
- Credits – Total 150 credits
- Courses – 1.00 to 5.00 credit (each credit hour course will have one contact session of one hour)