Institute of Technology
Institute of Technology, Nirma University, earlier known as Nirma Institute of Technology, started in 1995 by Nirma Education and Research Foundation (NERF), was the first self-financed engineering college in Gujarat. Within 18 years of inception, Institute of Technology is a leading hub of education, offering multidisciplinary undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. programmes in engineering.
The institute is ranked within top 25 self-financed engineering colleges of India in the survey conducted by various rating agencies. The faculty members and students of the Institute have won many prestigious awards and bring laurels to the institute.
The Institute is located in peaceful and sylvan surroundings of Ahmedabad city in the heart of Gujarat. The Institute provides disciplined, serene and conducive environ for reflection, repose and research. The Campus is overwhelmed with lush green sceneries masking the concrete beneath.
The ardent pursuit of knowledge by the young aspirants leads to knowledge generation and innovative solutions for the community and society. And, to give wings to these aspirations, the Institute presently has more than 4500 students and 180 faculty members, making relentless efforts for making a mark with their presence globally. The campus vibrates with not only world class curricular activities but also with myriad activities like international conventions, symposia, conferences, student competitions, conclaves, short-term industry relevant programs, cultural activities and many more.
The Institute is embarking on an ambitious plan focused on “Growth in Excellence” and creating the “Societal Engineer”. The Institute is now aiming to emphasize on Outcome Based Education (OBE), Experiential Education (through Project Based Learning), research in thrust areas with translational impact, and the creation of engineers as leaders in society.
It has a dynamic curriculum, robust and talented pool of faculty members, and state of art infrastructure in all the departments. It is well known for imparting quality education, active research and also in nurturing students for holistic development – achieved through Students’ Engagement Tools like continuous evaluation, blended learning, active use of MOOCs, credit based systems, departmental electives, institute electives, industrial visits, industrial projects, expert lectures, soft skills development, critical thinking training , yoga classes and many more.
The Institute gives ample opportunities to its students and strives to equip our students in terms of providing the skills, ability and knowledge for life-long learning and accolades. Some of the major strengths of the Institute include:
- Excellent local and regional reputation with well-established national recognition
- Young, dynamic and dedicated faculty and staff members aligned with institutional goals
- Learner centric approach along with personalized attention to the students
- Focus on synergy between teaching and all-round development of the students
- Meritorious students with geographical diversity in undergraduate programmes
- Well placed closed-loop feedback system for curriculum development encompassing all the stake holders
- Globally compatible academic credit system with emphasis on continuous evaluation
- Transparent management policies with well-defined procedures
- Well-disciplined conducive academic environment and ambience
- ICT usage for enhancing various academic accomplishments
- Active linkages with nearby industries and research organizations
- Continuous emphasis on faculty and staff development
- Strong commitment and dedicated efforts towards continuing education and pedagogy