BBA-MBA (Five Year Integrated)
About the Programme:
Five year integrated programme in Management is an innovative programme that combines the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes – BBA & MBA. The first three years (undergraduation period) comprise of six semesters (two semesters in each year). The subsequent two years (postgraduation period) comprise of six terms (three terms in each year). The programme provides an opportunity to exit at the end of third year. On successful completion of three years, a degree of Bachelors in Business Administration is awarded to a student who wishes to exit at this point. On successful completion of five years, a “Bachelors in Business Administration - Master of Business Administration” degree will be awarded.
The medium of instruction of the programme is English.
After completion of the programme, the students should be able to :
- Inculcate a global mindset,
- Analyse socio-political-economic environment of business organizations,
- Communicate effectively in different contexts,
- Develop functional and general management skills,
- Build and Demonstrate leadership, teamwork, and social skills,
- Evaluate different business problems using analytical and creative, and integrative abilities, and,
- Develop ethical thinking.
The first three years [the under-graduation period] will have a semester system. It will have six semesters, with two semesters in each of the three years. The duration of each semester is proposed to be sixteen weeks (inclusive of examinations). A teaching week would normally have 30 contact hours, out of which 25 hours of classroom teaching, including tutorials, while the balance time will have library and other practicing sessions. The fourth and fifth year [Post-graduation period] will have a trimester system. It will have six trimesters, with three trimesters in each of the two years, in line with the existing MBA programme.