BBA-MBA (Five Year Integrated)
About the Programme:
Five year integrated programme in Management is an innovative programme that combines the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes – BBA & MBA. The first three years (undergraduation period) comprise of six semesters (two semesters in each year). The fourth and fifth years [the post-graduation period] will have a total of four semesters, with two semesters in each of the two years. The programme provides an opportunity to exit at the end of third year. On successful completion of three years, a degree of Bachelors in Business Administration is awarded to a student who wishes to exit at this point. On successful completion of five years, a “Bachelors in Business Administration - Master of Business Administration” degree will be awarded.
The medium of instruction of the programme is English.
1. Unique under-graduate management programme with opportunity to gain minor specialisation in Engineering Basics and Information Technology.
The benefits of this opportunity are:
- Develops integration skills
- Increases receptivity to emerging knowledge and skill requirements
- Enhances employability opportunities
2. Opportunity to specialize in various management areas such as Marketing, Finance, Operations, Strategy, Human Resource Management, etc. during MBA part of the programme.
3. Experienced faculty and innovative method of teaching comprising of a proper mix of theory and practice that provides opportunities for participatory and experiential learning.
4. Credit based social and industrial internship during summers.
5. Various activities for overall personality development of the students.
6. Outcome Based Education System.
After completion of the programme, the students should be able to :
- Inculcate a global mindset,
- Analyse socio-political-economic environment of business organizations,
- Communicate effectively in different contexts,
- Develop functional and general management skills,
- Build and Demonstrate leadership, teamwork, and social skills,
- Evaluate different business problems using analytical and creative, and integrative abilities, and,
- Develop ethical thinking.
The first three years [the under-graduation period] will have a semester system. It will have six semesters, with two semesters in each of the three years. The duration of each semester is proposed to be sixteen weeks (inclusive of examinations). A teaching week would normally have 30 contact hours, out of which 25 hours of classroom teaching, including tutorials, while the balance time will have library and other practicing sessions. The fourth and fifth years [the post-graduation period] will have a total of four semesters, with two semesters in each of the two years. The duration of each semester is proposed to be 15 - 16 weeks [inclusive of examinations]. A teaching week would normally have 45 contact hours.